Read some of the best quotes with a deeper meaning about life and understand the lesson behind them. In this article, you’ll find the explanation of the quotes too.
This article contains a collection of deep meaning quotes that hold secrets of life and purpose. I have also tried to explain the quote for proper understanding. Every quote comes with some meaning but few of us can understand them because they are too confusing or they contain metaphors.
Quotes are not just what you hear from famous people on Facebook or Instagram. They are inspiring words we need to live by every day. Quotes with deep meaning can be inspirational, motivational, and they can change the way we think about life. I wish these quotes offer value and meaning to your life.
Let’s get started.
Quotes With Deep Meaning About Life
1. “Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.” – Oscar Wilde
Explanation: Every saint, or you can say, every good man, had a bad past that caused him to become a better version of himself. On the other hand, every sinner also has a future and in that time he can to realise his mistakes and live his life gracefully.
2. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”― Albert Einstein
Explanation: This world in which we all live is only a manifestation of our thought. Whether good or bad, this world which we have created results from our mindsets. If we want a better future, a better life, a better living, all we have to do is to shift to a better mindset and thought process. What you think manifests.
Enjoying these quotes? You might also like deep self-love quotes.
3. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard
Explanation: Most of us see life as a problem or a puzzle to be solved in order to find our purpose. But this is not true. Life is much more than this. Life is a beautiful movie that one should experience and observe, as it holds deeper meanings hidden within.
4. “Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one.” – Martin Heidegger
Explanation: The deeper meaning in this quote by Martin is that there are many different people you could have been, but by the time you die, you are only the one you have chosen to be.
5. “The average men consume. The wise create.” – Maxime Lagacé
Explanation: The meaning which this quote holds can be applied in our lives, too. Whenever we want to decide or to start something of our own, we spend time-consuming content, researches, etc. Then we question ourselves if we would be able to follow our dreams or not. In order to be successful, you must act and create.
6. “The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.” – Stephanie Perkins
Explanation: It takes a lot of time and effort to properly figure out who we are and what we want in life, but once we do, it becomes much easier to make decisions. This leaves less time for confusion, which means less time spent feeling frustrated about our situation.
7. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
Explanation: In this world, our life becomes meaningful when we give more than we receive. The meaning of life is to give happiness to others or give them what they want in order to make their lives better. However, often we make the mistake of getting selfish and greedy, but this is not the way one should live.
8. “I want to be like water. I want to slip through fingers, but hold up a ship.”― Michelle Williams
Explanation: Well, this quote is one of my favourites. Through this quote, Williams is trying to say that she wants to be flexible like water in order to cope up with any situation life puts up in her way. As the water changes shape according to the vessel it has been poured, in the same way, one must adjust in life according to the given situation.
9. “Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude.” – Anne Frank
Explanation: We live more in the past than the present, which is why regret can have more power. To avoid regret, be grateful for how you are living now. “Regret” shouldn’t outweigh appreciating all life has given you today.
10. “You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” – Buddha
Explanation: Understand the metaphor which this quote by buddha carries within. Anger is not a weapon that destroys the person on which it is used, it destroys the one using it. Anger has many disadvantages, from mental to physical. So forgive and move on, do not let your anger control you and end your mental peace.
11. “I find that a duck’s opinion of me is very much influenced over whether or not I have bread.” – Mitch Hedberg
Explanation: Some people like you or pretend to like only when they see their benefit. The word duck is used to personify such people who become your friends in order to gain something in return. Their opinion changes as soon as you have nothing to offer. Remember to avoid such ducks(selfish people).
12. “You might want someone else to save you, or might want to save someone so badly. But no one else can save you, not really, not from yourself.” ― Ava Dellaira
Explanation: There is no one who can change you in this world. There are people who can only motivate you but you alone are responsible for who you are and what you’ll become. Save yourself from the horrors that haunt you, failures that scare you. Save yourself on your own.
Short Quotes With Deep Meaning
13. “Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it.” –Harper Lee
Explanation: You might have received so much advice from many wise men. Think about it have you ever in your life reflected on those lessons they taught you? No, only a few of you must have used them. In order to be successful in life, you must take action. Great teachings from great men are useless unless applied in life.
14. “Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures.” — Jackson Brown Jr.
Explanation: It is good to think bigger but do not get disappointed if you don’t get big results. Just enjoy the small results. Gratitude towards life is the ultimate lesson which most of these quotes teach us.
15. “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
16. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
Explanation: In life, we all want to find out who we are and what life means to us. The truth is, it’s about building ourselves and knowing we can do better and learning from our challenges in the world. That way, we can evolve into the person that we want to be.
17. “If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it.” – Toni Morrison
Explanation: Sometimes surrendering to our situations is better than reacting to them. Life is like a flowing river. You can create a dam to control, it but not every situation in life are weak. Some are so strong that they can break those dams. This is the reason why we must submit ourselves to existing conditions.
18. “Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion.” – Edward Abbey
Explanation: Cruel truth is much better than comfortable lies. It is better to be in reality than to live comfortably in delusion because delusion doesn’t last long.
19. “Even the finest sword plunged into salt water will eventually rust.” ― Sun Tzu
Explanation: We all have some weaknesses and that’s what makes us humans. We must not become arrogant about our strengths. The other meaning of this quote by Sun Tzu is that the people with whom you spend time matter a lot. Either your company can make you or can break you.
These quotes will really make you think about the way you are living your life and will guide you to make the most out of it. I hope these quotes guide you in finding your purpose and happiness in life. These quotes carry deeper meanings that I have explained in this article. So if you enjoyed reading these quotes with deep meaning, share them with your friends and family.
Thanks for reading.