Last Updated on December 15, 2022
It can be intimidating to strive for something greater than what you have, and it can be difficult to put yourself out there.
But it’s important to remember that success isn’t something to be afraid of. As the famous quote goes, “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” This quote is a reminder that success is only the beginning of a journey.
It encourages us to take risks, to continue even when we face failure, and to learn from our experiences. It’s a reminder that fear of success should never stop us from trying. With courage and determination, we can achieve anything we set our minds to.
So here are some best afraid of success quotes that will help you overcome your fear of success and become fearless of failures and strive to do better in your life.
Afraid Of Success Quotes
1. “Procrastination is the fear of success. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the “someday I’ll” philosophy.” – Denis Waitley
2. “Fear of success is far more dangerous than fear of failure, because the subconscious mind works to prevent that which it fears. People may fear success because of low self-esteem and feeling of not deserving it; because it will increase what others expect of them. Fear of success shows up as anxiety, indecision, avoidance, procrastination or acceptance of mediocrity.” – Joe Tye
3. “Do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it… that is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear.” – Dale Carnegie
4. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
5. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” – Jack Canfield
6. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
7. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
8. “To be simultaneously afraid of success and of failure is like going to bed scared and waking up terrified,” he reflected. “Your mind’s all wooden, your head’s screwed on backwards and before you know it, you’re a vermillion blotch on someone else’s canvas and the entire world is pulling your strings.” – Louise Blackwick
9. “Comfort and the fear of change are the greatest enemies of success.”
10. “Fear of failure and/or fear of success can sabotage our best efforts. Knowing that situations causing these fears rarely represent actual danger can eliminate many anxieties.” – Charles F Glassman
11. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
12. “When I dare to be powerful – to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.” – Audre Lorde
13. “Fear comes in two packages fear of failure, and sometimes, fear of success” – Tom Kite
14. “Fear of success is one of the new fears I’ve heard about lately. And I think its definitely a sign that we’re running out of fears. A person suffering from fear of success is scraping the bottom of the fear barrel.” – Jerry Seinfeld
15. “For example, most people are afraid of success instead of failure and that’s because they don’t think they deserve it.” – Tom Bown
16. “I’m sure not afraid of success and I’ve learned not to be afraid of failure. The only thing I’m afraid of now is of being someone I don’t like much.” – Anna
17. “Fear of success can also be tied into the idea that success means someone else’s loss. Some people are unconsciously guilty because they believe their victories are coming at the expense of another.” – Joan Harvey
18. “I’m more afraid of success than failure. Success makes us so sure of ourselves that we do not analyze the factors that lead us to our success. Instead, in failure there’s an error that lurks that makes us reflect and in that process there is learning and that makes us better.” – Jorge Valdano
19. “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I’ve met people who don’t want to try for fear of failing.” – J. K. Rowling
20. “You can’t fear success and I think a lot of people do… I’m not like that. I’m going for it.” – Conor McGregor
21. “But you can’t let fear of success hold you back. You’ve got to accept and flow with them, instead of the other way around.” – Unknown
22. “You aren’t afraid of success, you are actually afraid of the unknown and the future.” – Unknown
23. “Don’t allow the unknown or fear of success stop you.” – Unknown
24. “Fear of success is not necessarily the fear of reaching that deeply personal achievement unique to each individual. Instead, it is most often the fear of the possible change or consequences of success. It is an anticipation of how others — and oneself — will respond to the triumph. The concern is that achieving success will come at the cost of something else valued in one’s life. In many ways, it’s similar to the fear of failure.” – BetterUp
25. “At its worst, the fear of success may involve self-destructive behavior. Left unchecked, that derails any real opportunity for success.” – Betterup
26. “Many of us fear that being successful or earning a lot of money will inflate our ego and turn us into different people. You feel that success might change you, but not for the better. Money is simply a tool. No matter how successful you become, you control how you act and what you believe.” – Forbes
27. “The most common reasons we allow our fear of success to hold us back is an overwhelming fear of change.” – Anonymous
28. “People are afraid of success is that it creates new standards and expectations, and people get stressed about how to manage them.” – Anonymous
29. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – Unknown
30. “Dive deep and make your discovery.” – Unknown
Why Are People Afraid Of Success?
There are a number of reasons why people may be afraid of success. Some common reasons include:
- Fear of change: Success often brings about change, and some people may be afraid of the unknown or unsure of how to handle the changes that success brings.
- Fear of failure: Some people may be afraid of succeeding because they are afraid of failing or not being able to maintain their success.
- Fear of criticism: Success can attract criticism and scrutiny, and some people may be afraid of being judged or criticized by others.
- Fear of not being good enough: Some people may be afraid of succeeding because they don’t feel that they are good enough or worthy of success.
- Fear of losing control: Success can bring with it a sense of responsibility and pressure, and some people may be afraid of losing control of their lives or feeling overwhelmed.
Overall, fear of success is often rooted in a lack of self-confidence and a fear of not being able to handle the challenges and responsibilities that come with success.
It is important to recognize and address these fears in order to overcome them and reach your full potential.