Bible Verses About Life And Death
Last Updated on July 13, 2022
Have you ever wondered what God says about life and death? If yes, then in this article I am going to share some bible verses which talk about life and death.
These Bible verses will encourage you and will give you hope if you have lost a loved one or if you fear death. They will also give you the motivation to live a better life.
No one can give you the support you want now but God’s words can bring unexplainable peace.
Let’s get started.
Comforting Bible Verses About Life And Death
1. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 8:38-39
2. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? – Psalm 27:12
3. If we live, we live for the Lord, and if we die, we die for the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we belong to God. – Romans 14:8
4. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:13
5. Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. – Ephesians 5:15-16
6. So we are always confident because we know that while we are living in the body, we are away from our home with the Lord. We live by faith and not by sight. We are confident, and we would prefer to leave the body and to be at home with the Lord. – 2 Corinthians 5:6-8
7. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no danger because you are with me. Your rod and your staff — they protect me. – Psalm 23:4
8. But if we died with Christ, we have faith that we will also live with him. We know that Christ has been raised from the dead and he will never die again. Death no longer has power over him. He died to sin once and for all with his death, but he lives for God with his life. – Romans 6:8-10
9. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. – Colossians 3:23-24
10. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. – John 3:16
11. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. I am hard-pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. – Philippians 1:21-23
12. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. – Revelation 21:4
13. So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. – 2 Corinthians 5:6-9
14. Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts. – Acts 13:22-23
15. Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God. – Mark 10:27
16. Praise be to the LORD for He has heard my cry for mercy. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. – Psalm 28:6-7
17. And he said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. – Job 1:21
18. I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. – Psalm 34:4-5
19. For this God is our God forever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end. – Psalm 48:14
20. Give all your worries to Him, because He cares for you. – 1 Peter 5:7
21. My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him. – Psalm 62:5
22. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. – 1 Corinthians 15:26
23. O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am! – Psalm 39:4
24. Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer – Romans 12:9-12
25. The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him. – Nahum 1:7
26. All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. – 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
27. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. – Isaiah 41:10
28. I praise God for what he has promised; yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? I will fulfill my vows to you, O God, and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help. For you have rescued me from death; you have kept my feet from slipping. So now I can walk in your presence, O God, in your life-giving light. – Psalm 56:10-13
29. But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought! – Job 19:25-27
30. May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had. – Romans 15:5
31. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. – Thessalonians 5:11
32. I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. – Psalm 121:1-2
Did You Like These Bible Verses About Life And Death?
God tests us, our faith, our strength, and other things but he is the only one who also gives us strength and hopes to live a wonderful life. If you have recently lost a loved one, just pray to God and trust him don’t leave him because he will protect you from all evil.
No matter which religion you belong to God is one and believes in him, for he is the one who makes our life worth living.