18 Gautam Buddha Quotes On Love
Last Updated on January 6, 2023
Buddha’s teachings on love are a source of wisdom and inspiration for many people. Throughout his life, Buddha shared many insights and observations on the nature of love, and his words continue to resonate with people today.
In this article, we will explore some of the best Buddha quotes on love, and reflect on their meaning and relevance to our lives.
Whether you are looking for inspiration, guidance, or simply a reminder of the beauty of love, these quotes are sure to provide insight and enlightenment.
Buddha Quotes On Love
1. “You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
This quote is a reminder that self-love and self-care are important. It suggests that we should not look outside of ourselves for validation or worthiness, but rather, we should recognize our own value and worth.
It is saying that we are deserving of our own love and affection, just as much as anyone else in the universe. This quote encourages us to prioritize our own well-being and happiness, and to treat ourselves with kindness and compassion.
2. “Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.” – Buddha
3. “Virtue is persecuted more by the wicked than it is loved by the good.” – Buddha
4. “He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.” – Buddha
5. “Radiate boundless love towards the entire world.” – Buddha
6. “We will develop love, we will practice it, we will make it both a way and a basis…” – Buddha
This quote is offering advice on how to respond to different types of difficult people in our lives. It is saying that the best way to deal with an angry person is with love, the best way to deal with an ill-natured person is with kindness, the best way to deal with a miser is with generosity, and the best way to deal with a liar is with truth.
8. “The way to happiness is: keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, give much. Fill your life with love. Do as you would be done by.” – Buddha
9. “You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.” – Buddha
10. “Love the whole world as a mother loves her only child.” – Buddha
11. “Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals.” – Buddha
12. “You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
13. “True love is born from understanding.” – Buddha
14. “Love is a gift of one’s inner most soul to another so both can be whole.” – Buddha
This quote is encouraging us to cultivate an inclusive and expansive attitude towards others, and to see all beings as worthy of love and care. It is a reminder of the interconnectedness of all living things, and the importance of treating all beings with compassion and respect.
16. “If you truly loved yourself, you could never hurt another.” – Buddha
17. “When you like a flower, you just pluck it. But when you love a flower, you water it daily.” – Buddha
18. “In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.” – Buddha