Last Updated on January 30, 2023
Looking for some awesome Chanakya quotes on love? Read this article till the end.
Chanakya was an ancient Indian polymath who was active as a teacher, author, strategist, philosopher, economist, jurist, and royal advisor.
He is best known for his teachings, which form the basis of the ancient Indian treatise, the Arthashastra, and his quotes are a reflection of his wisdom and deep understanding of the human psyche.
Chanakya’s quotes on love are a great source of wisdom, offering insight into the complexities of human relationships and providing practical advice on how to navigate them as they provide timeless advice on how to show love and express appreciation for those we care about, as well as how to cultivate and maintain relationships.
So, let’s now dive into the philosophy of Chanakya and learn the art of love through his awesome quotes.
Read More Chanakya Quotes:
Chanakya Quotes On Love
1. “We have to make people soft who are hard, to attract those who are far, if they do bad for us then even considering our aim we should always love them.” – Chanakya
2. “Drop the idea that attachment and love are one thing. They are enemies. It is the attachment that destroys all love.” – Chanakya
3. “The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind but the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.”Chanakya
4. “A good wife is one who serves her husband in the morning like a mother does, loves him in the day like a sister does and pleases him like a prostitute in the night.” – Chanakya
5. “He who is overly attached to his family members, experiences fear and sorrow, for the root of all grief is attachment. Thus one should discard attachment to be happy.” – Chanakya
6. “Wealth, a friend, a wife, and a kingdom may be regained, but this body when lost may never be acquired again.” – Chanakya
7. “Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn sixteen, treat them like a friend. Your grown up children are your best friends.” – Chanakya
8. “Drop the idea that attachment and love are one thing. They are enemies. It is attachment that destroys all love.” – Chanakya
9. “Too much beauty got Sita kidnapped, too much ego got Ravana killed and too much charity got Raja Bali in deep trouble. So too much of anything is bad. One should refrain from ‘too much’.”– Chanakya On Love
10. “Physically beautiful woman can gives you pleasure to only one night. But mentally beautiful woman gives you pleasure for lifetime. It’s a good idea to accept the person who is beautiful from the mind.” – Chanakya
11. “Do not reveal what you have thought upon doing, but by wise council keep it secret being determined to carry it into execution.” – Chanakya
12. “Trust is more important than love.” – Chanakya
13. “Relationships in which there is independence, there is a desire to be with each other without tying them to each other.” – Chanakya
14. “On the responsibilities of a father towards his child, Chanakya says that for the first five years, he must be brought up with love and affection. For the next ten years, he must be brought up with strict discipline, because this is the period for the development of his personality. This period is like the foundation on which will rest the rest of his life. From the age of sixteen, he should be treated like a friend; guide him like a friend; settle his problems like a friend.” – Chanakya
15. “Don’t judge the future of a person based on his present conditions, because time has the power to change black coal to shiny diamond.” – Chanakya
What Chanakya Says About Love?
Chanakya emphasize the importance of self-love and the need to take care of oneself first before we can take care of others. He also stresses the need to show love and express appreciation for those we care about, as well as the need to cultivate and maintain relationships.
How Can Chanakya’s Quotes Help Us in Our Relationships?
Chanakya’s quotes can help us to better understand the complexities of human relationships and provide practical advice on how to navigate them.
His quotes can also help us to cultivate and maintain healthier relationships, while also reminding us of the importance of self-love and the need to take care of ourselves first.