As human beings, we’re all guilty of comparing ourselves to others in an unjust way. I can understand that the grass may appear to be greener when we are looking with jealous eyes at the things that we believe we are lacking in our own lives.
But believe me, you are unique and that’s what differentiates you from the 8 billion others on this planet. Isn’t that something to be proud of?
When we’re young, our minds are still fertile ground for comparisons. When we enter school, things start to shift and become less cheerful. Oh, how can we forget that the practice of comparison lies at the heart of the entire educational system.
This horrible standard is used to compare all of your achievements, whether they be in school or in sports. Having grown up in a highly competitive environment, it’s impossible to not think about how you stack up against your peers.
Even still, as we mature and gain a more complete understanding of who we are, knowing that we no longer need to measure ourselves against others may be extremely freeing.
Embrace the many small victories you’ll have along the path.
These 33 don’t compare yourself to others quotes will help you realise why you don’t need to compare yourself with others, and will help you celebrate your small successes and break free from the chains of comparison.
Don’t Compare Yourself to Others Quotes
I wish these quotes help you seeing your true self and manage to get you out of the nasty pit of comparison which is killing your vibe.
1. “Don’t compare yourself to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.”- Regina Brett
Try not to judge yourself based on the accomplishments of others. You don’t know what they’re going through. Everyone’s path is different and so is yours. Just embrace your journey.
2. “You don’t have to do what everyone else is doing.”- Oprah Winfrey
Just give yourself more room to try different things and not what everyone is into. Why can’t you be happy doing things that really makes you like a child?
Throughout my life, I want to be recognised as someone who was fearless in his refusal to conform to the norms of society. That’s my goal, I guess.
3. “Focus on your journey, not the destination.” —Greg Anderson
Journey is what makes us who we really are. In the era of social media, all we do is like other’s destinations and what they achieved. But just stop and take a look to the other side. Find what it takes to be successful.
4. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” —Oscar Wilde
Stay real to who you are; everyone else are just copies living derived dreams of others.
5. “Find out who you are and do it on purpose.” —Dolly Parton
Exploration of oneself is the first step towards ones true discovery. Why wait? Go and find out what differs you from billion others.
6. “Don’t compare yourself to others. There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time.” —Unknown
A mango plant seedling never cries over producing an apple tree. You know why? Because it knows its potential and is happy with it. It grows into a fine riped mango tree, without a doubt.
7. “Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle, or your middle to someone else’s end. Don’t compare the start of your second quarter of life to someone else’s third quarter.” —Tim Hiller
Just pause for a moment and count your small or big accomplishments which you have achieved so far. These can be major life goals, such as finding a job, a partner, or long-term friends. There was a beginning to each of these things, isnt it?
While some may have been easy to start and follow through on, others left you feeling unsure or apprehensive in the beginning. The one thing they all have in common is that when you focus on attaining your goals, rather than simply replicating someone else’s achievement, the possibilities for your success are unlimited.
8. “Don’t compare yourself with other people; compare yourself with who you were yesterday.” – Jordan Peterson
I think I don’t need to say the same thing, be authentic my friend.
9. “Don’t compare yourself with someone else’s version of happy or thin. Accepting yourself burns the most calories.” -Caroline Rhea
Being happy with your own version is the best feeling in the world. Because then you are not a part of the global rat race.
10. “Don’t compare yourself to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.”-Regina Brett
Do you know their journey? Were you a part of it? Then why worry just be calm and excel in your own goals.
11. “Don’t compare your weakness to their strength.” – Nitin Namdeo
You streangths can be others weakness and vice versa. Accept the fact and move on in life.
12. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” – Lao Tzu
Everyone will appreciate you when you are not comparing yourself to others and when you do not engage in competitive behaviour. That’s what makes us authentic and the world has not many authentic people around.
13. “Don’t compare or compete with anyone, everyone has their own superpowers.” – Nitin Namdeo
Be a superhero in your life, why make other’s one by comparing yourself and looking down to yourself?
14. “Trying to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” – Marilyn Monroe
Nothing, just read that quote again please.
15. “Comparison is the root cause of all evil. Why compare when no two people are alike?” – Haresh Sippy
Are you same as your friend? Is your DNA not unique? Can’t you see the difference between you and others? If you can then why cry over not being different? Because that’s what comaparing is.
16. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nothing more uplifting than being yourself.
17. “Being a successful person is not necessarily defined by what you have achieved, but by what you have overcome.”- Fannie Flagg
Can you overcome the fear of comparison? Promise yourself that you can and you are already one step ahead in life.
18. “We’re only envious of those already doing what we were made to do. Envy is a giant, flashing arrow pointing us toward our destiny.” – Glennon Doyle Melton
Envy kills you from inside just remember that. It makes you a person you never wanted to be so be cautious of it.
19. “Focus on what others have and you feel that you have so little. Focus on what you do have and you realize that you have so much.” – Hrishikesh Agnihotrile.
Practice gratitude and be happy with what you have. Count the blessing my friend.
20. “Comparing yourself does more damage than any other self-destructive habit.” – Sarvesh Jain
Yes it does. It’s a self destructive habit that can kill you from inside and outside dumping your confidence to dark void.
21. “Comparing yourself with others is one of the highest forms of self-destruction and people who love themselves don’t destroy themselves.” – Sarvesh Jain
When you compare yourself to others, you are engaging in one of the most destructive forms of self-destruction. And if you love yourself even a little, then just stop it.
22. “Faithless to be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Be yourself and don’t compare.
23. “About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all.” – Rita Mae Brown
If someone actually loves you they would love you the way you are without even a pinch of judgement.
24. “It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for something you are not.” – French writer
Read that again…
25. “I’m humble enough to know I’m not better than anybody and wise enough to know I’m different from the rest.” -Unknown
Yes you are different so be it.
26. “Be confident. Too many days are wasted comparing ourselves to others and wishing to be something we aren’t. Everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses, and it is only when you accept everything you are – and aren’t – that you will truly succeed.” -Unknown
What God has provided you with and what he has made you is unique. You can’t change that and nobody can take that from you. So why be unhappy? Be confident.
27. “My goal is not to be better than anyone else, but to be better than I used to be.” -Dr. Wayne Dyer
Become the best version of yourself.
28. “Be yourself, don’t take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive.” – Gerard Way
Never ever let anyone take from you what you are. And that can be possible when you are not comparing yourself.
29. “I’m too busy working on my own grass to notice that yours is greener.” -Unknown
Get busy if you can’t stop thinking about others success. Build your own empire then.
30. “To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.” – E.E. Cummings
Being jealous is an endless road where you can never win. Stop fighting and start accepting.
31. “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.” – Oscar Wilde
Don’t mimic anyone’s life. It’s better to live your life imperfectly than to live an imitation of others with perfection.
32. “Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live.” – Gianni Versace
I should say, don’t make anything own you.
33. “If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise.” – Johann von Goethe
Don’t you agree with this? If God would have wanted you to be different, he have really made you like someone else. Just be you.