Happy Diwali! It’s time to light the lamps and candles, send crackers flying, share sweets with friends and family…and look for the perfect Diwali quotes to wish your loved ones.
Diwali, the most popular festival of Hindus and Sikhs, is also known as the Festival of Lights. It marks the return of Lord Rama along with his wife Sita and brother Lakshman to their home after defeating demon king Ravana in the epic Ramayana. The festival is observed on the last day of Ashwin month falling in October or November every year.
This important Hindu festival signifies themes of light, goodness, knowledge and new beginning. The celebration begins about a week before Diwali with several days of rituals and preparation. During this period, homes are cleaned thoroughly and new clothes are bought as gifts for friends and family members.
On Diwali night, people light up earthen diyas (lamps) and exchange sweets with family members and friends as well as give them gifts they have prepared. Not only Hindus but also many non-Hindu Indians celebrate Diwali with great enthusiasm.
Let’s now take a look at some amazing Diwali 2022 quotes, wishes, and greetings.
Best Happy Diwali Quotes And Greetings
1. “Diwali is about setting goals, not accumulating gold. As Lakshmi comes from Lakshya, meaning Goal.” ― Tapan Ghosh
2. “This Diwali never forget my friend, every cracker you burn becomes the ink in the pen that will sign the death warrant for your children and all the children in the world.” ― Abhijit Naskar
3. “Honest wealth (Devi Lakshmi) can’t come and stay in a home where someone is infected with the Asurrah of lust.” ― Shunya
4. “You cannot celebrate the festival of light before combating the darkness within” ― Kapil Raj
5. “If you don’t put out your best dress, eat lots of sweets, enjoy the view, then what’s even the point of celebrating the Diwali?” – Sarvesh
6. “Diwali is not just a festival but way of celebrating the true homecoming, welcoming your true-self to your mind, body and soul.” – Vikrmn
7. “A festival full of sweet childhood memories, a sky full of fireworks, a mouth full of sweets, a house full of diyas and a heart full of joy. Wishing you all a very happy Diwali!” – Unknown
8. “Praying knowledge triumphs over ignorance this diwali and the rest of the year.”
9. “A warm diwali wish for every happiness. May the warmth and splendour, that are a part of this auspicious occasion, fill your life with happiness and bright cheer, and bring to you joy and prosperity, for the whole year.”
10. “May this diwali bring universal compassion, the inner joy of peace and love and the awareness of oneness to all.”
11. “I pray to god to give u shanti, shakti, sampati, swarup, saiyam, saadgi, safalta, samridhi, sanskar, swaasth, sanmaan, saraswati, aur sneh.”
12. “May this diwali bring you all the happiness and joy in the world!”
13. “To my friends and family, I wish you all a very happy diwali! May the festival of lights bring joy to your lives and fill your hearts with happiness!”
14. “Diwali is a special time of year to celebrate with family and friends. It is a time to come together and create lasting memories. Wishing you all a very happy diwali!”
15. “Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous diwali. May the festival of lights bring you joy, happiness, and good health.”
16. “May the light of diwali fill your life with happiness, peace, and prosperity.”
17. “May goddess lakshmi top up your life with peace, joy, serenity, felicity and bring utmost rejoice in your life. May you always be blessed. Wish you a jovial diwali.”
18. “Diwali is an occasion to celebrate victory over defeat, light over darkness, awareness over ignorance, an occasion to celebrate life: may this auspicious time light up your life with happiness, joy, and peace this diwali”
19. “With all its charms the glow of candles, the warmth of loved one the laughter shared, and moments that are cherished time and again. Diwali ki shubhkamnaye”
20. “Let your love be the light that overtakes the shadows this diwali.”
21. “An occasion to celebrate victory over defeat, light over darkness, awareness over ignorance, an occasion to celebrate life. May this auspicious occasion light up your life with happiness, joy and peace this diwali.”
22. “Let the light enlighten all hindustanis and all souls emit goodness for the country and the world.”
23. “Let us celebrate the festival in its true sense by making others smile. Have a safe diwali and spread happiness around. Happy diwali”
24. “May this festival be the start of a new chapter in your life full of health, wealth and success.”
25. “May you all attain full inner illumination!! May the supreme light of lights enlighten your understanding! May you all attain the inexhaustible spiritual wealth of the self! May you all prosper gloriously on the material as well as spiritual planes.”
26. “He who himself sees all but whom no one beholds, who illumines the intellect, the sun, the moon and the stars and the whole universe but whom they cannot illumine, he indeed is brahman, he is the inner self. Celebrate the real deepavali by living in brahman, and enjoy the eternal bliss of the soul.”
27. “The great significance of the diwali is light up new, bright and colorful dreams, fresh hopes, and undiscovered ways and fills our days with pleasant surprises and moments.”
28. “May this light of happiness light up your life, may this diwali be the most sparkling and lightning the sights and sound filling up your heart with joy and happiness wishing you and your family happy and safe diwali.”
29. “Roshan ho deepak sara jag jagmagaye, liye sath sita maiyya ko ram jee hain aaye, har shahar yu lage mano ayodhya hoaao, har dwar har gali har mod pe hum deep jalaye. Aur aap yeh diwali khoob dhoom dhaam se manaye…”
30. “All the lights of the world cannot be compared even to a ray of the inner light of the self. Merge yourself in this light of lights and enjoy the supreme deepavali.”