Last Updated on December 15, 2022
The world is filled with advantage taking selfish brats and though we understand that the Karma might hit them back with a harsh blow, we still feel emptiness and betrayal.
Taking advantage of someone or something is never okay. Whether it’s a situation, person, or thing, using them for your own gain can cause lasting damage.
Taking advantage of someone or something is selfish and unfair, and can lead to long-term consequences. It’s important to understand the implications of taking advantage and how it can hurt the people or things around you. Even if it seems like an easy way to get ahead, it is not worth the cost.
Thankfully, there are many don’t take advantage quotes to help remind us of this and to encourage us to be better people.
These thoughtful quotes can help to keep us grounded and remind us of the importance of treating others with respect, so read them till the end and do not forget to share it with your loved ones or someone you know is struggling with betrayal in life.
Don’t Take Advantage Quotes
1. “I am tired of being used, hurt, and cast aside. It is my turn to use. My turn to hurt.” – Marie Lu
2. “Never take advantage of the person who does the most for you.” – Unknown
3. “Know when you’re being taken advantage of.” – Agnes Bonas
4. “I feel so used. I find I like it.” – J.D. Robb
5. “Too many people take advantage of the trust that they are given.” – Unknown
6. “Being your own man does not mean taking advantage of anyone else.” – Unknown
7. “Seems their lives have been abused; With a risk of being used, no happiness to find.” – Ben Adams
8. “It is a good rule in life never to apologize. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.” – P.G Wodehouse
9. “People don’t notice the things we do for them until we stop doing them.” – Unknown
10. “I can think of worse things than being used as guinea pigs.” – Tom McLoughlin
11. “It’s when you get complacent that you get taken advantage of.” – Tony A. Gaskins
12. “It’s easy to be taken advantage of if you’re not honest.” – Katherine Heigl
13. “I’ve grown tired of being used; And I’m sick and tired of being accused; Now I’m walking away from you; And I’m not coming back.” – James Morrison
14. “When success comes, people can try to trick you or take advantage of you.”- Christina Aguilera
15. I had been gullible, naive, soft, pliable. That’s why I got taken advantage of. To survive, you have to have a tough skin.” – Tia Carrere
16. “When you’re done with being used, you become desperate to fight back and it doesn’t matter how far you go, as long as you go. It’s like a bomb that’s ticking inside you and the longer you keep it in, the louder the explosion and the greater the damage.” – Arti Manani
17. “Because she was a blank mural and you wrote all over her.” – Jasmine Sandozz
18. “And I’m counting down the moments until I am left alone; ‘Cause I’m done with being used to fill the hole that’s in your soul.” – Keli Thomson
19. “Now you’re being used and you’re so confused that there’s nothing left to gain; Baby you could be in your lover’s reign.” – Michael Sterling
20. “People confuse goodness with weakness. It is weak people, not good people (goodness demands strength), who are taken advantage of.” – Dennis Prager
21. “I’ve worked too hard and built too much to be taken advantage of. I know my worth and what I bring to the table.” – Tony A. Gaskins
22. “If you feel you are always being used, thank Almighty He made you useful.” – Ibn Jeem
23. “I see the freedom at the end of the road; I’ve heard so many lies and I’ve taken the blows; Give it to me take it from me nobody knows; Sick of being used and I’m gonna explode.” – Zoltan E Teglas
24. “I didn’t want to be taken advantage of and burnt out in the industry. I worked with my family really closely, so I was able to get that respect in the industry. So now I feel that I can let my guard down. People know who I am; I can be myself. I can be more versatile, and I can wear what I want.” – Goapele
Don’t Let Others Take Advantage Quotes
25. “Know the difference between helping others and being used by them.” – Agnes Bonas
26. “Men are used as they use others.” — Bidpai
27. “I have learned that people at the bottom use others’ bodies to climb to the top.” — Mandla Langa
28. “I`m open to the possibilities of being one of those people who reach certain heights without being owned by others.” ― Tony A. Gaskins
Don’t Take Advantage of My Kindness Quotes
29. “Sometimes people don’t trust the force of kindness. They think love or compassion or kindness will make you weak and kind of stupid and people will take advantage of you; you won’t stand up for other people.” – Sharon
30. “But if you have a point of view and you’re an artist or a writer, it’s kind of crazy to not take advantage of that, especially if you can do something that’s entertaining as well. I’ve done a number of things like that over the years.” – David Lloyd
31. “Don’t let your kind nature be taken advantage of. Step up for yourself, don’t be a doormat.” — Insha S. Qazi
32. Don’t abuse a kind heart. You may never be offered one again. – Pokello Nare
33. “Don’t mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.” – Al Capone
34. “Don’t take advantage of my kindness and good nature because one day I will turn round and bite back!” – Unknown
35. “Don’t take advantage of a kind heart. You may never be offered one again.” – Unknown
36. “People mistake my kindness for weakness and take advantage of our friendship.” – Unknown
37. “Not everyone will appreciate what you do for them. You have to figure out who’s worth your kindness and who’s just taking advantage.”
38. “Don’t take advantage of my kindness” – Unknown
Don’t Take Advantage of My Silence And Kindness Quotes
39. “Don’t take advantage of my silence. I am such due fo the way I was raised. I have another destructive version of me that I choose not to reveal. Trust me it’s a mode that even terrifies me.” – Rebekah
38. “Don’t take the advantage of my silence every time… If you cross your limit, better pray that I don’t start.” – Nishita
39. “Don’t take advantage Of my silence, Lion speak less And do more.” – Unknown
40. “If you appear weak, people take advantage of you.” — Sherry Argov
41. “People mistake my kindness for weakness and take advantage of our friendship.”
42. “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strengths until someone tries to take advantage of your weakness.” Mark
43. “Don’t ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness. Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.” – Dalai Lama
44. “People just take your kindness for weakness sometimes, and that’s just the bottom line.” – Ruben Studdard
45. “I don’t worry about people misinterpreting my kindness for weakness.” – Jason Bateman
46. “If someone mistakes your kindness for weakness, that’s their fault – not yours. And it’s OK to be a decent human being in this life.” – Jeremy Piven
47. “Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.” – Khalil Gibran
48. “I’m a very nice guy, but don’t mistake my kindness for weakness.” – Robert Herjavec
49. “Be careful what you tolerate. Some people have no problem with taking advantage of a good thing.” – Unknown
50. “ Some people will only “love you” as much as they can use you. Their loyalty ends where the benefits stop.” – Unknown
Why Do People Take Advantage Of Me?
People take advantage of others for a variety of reasons, such as to gain power, control, or resources. They may do so out of greed, selfishness, or a lack of empathy for the well-being of others.
In some cases, people may take advantage of others because they have a distorted sense of entitlement or because they have low self-esteem and seek validation from others.
In other cases, people may take advantage of others because they are opportunistic and see an opportunity to gain something without regard for the consequences for the other person.