26 Best Don’t Take Life Too Seriously Quotes To Live Life Like a Free Bird
Last Updated on November 4, 2022
Life is short, and it’s great. But it can also suck at times. The trick is to find the balance between laughing hard and crying harder.
Don’t take life too seriously because you will never get out of it alive. Here are some quotes about life that will help lighten up your day and keep things in perspective. We all have ups and downs in our lives, but if you let them bring you down for too long, then you won’t be able to appreciate the good things when they come back around again.
Here’s a collection of some of the best inspiring quotes that will motivate you to stop taking life so seriously.
Don’t Take Life Too Seriously Quotes
1. “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
2. “My advice to people today is as follows: if you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out.” – Timothy
3. “Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.”– Unknown
4. “There’s power in looking silly and not caring that you do.” – Amy Poehler
5. “Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place.” – Mark Twain
6. “The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month.” – Joseph Campbell
7. “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” – Mark Twain
8. “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one’s own sunshine.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the Gods made for fun.”– Alan Watts
10. “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.” – Charles Bukowski
11. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” –Confucius
12. “Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.” –Guillaume Apollinaire
13. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
14. “I always figured we were born to fly, one way or other, so I couldn’t stand most men shuffling along with all the iron of the earth in their blood. I never met a man who weighed less than nine hundred pounds.” – Ray
15. “Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age. Humor has a tremendous place in this sordid world. It’s more than just a matter of laughing. If you can see things out of whack, then you can see how things can be in whack.”– Theodor Seuss Geisel
16. “I don’t think life is to be taken too seriously. Take it too seriously, and it’ll getcha.” – Paul Prudhomme
17. “We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
18. “The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
19. “Appreciate the small things in life. You won’t notice them if you are too serious.” – Unknown
20. “We only live once, enjoy every moment.” – Unknown
21. “Try to take life less seriously. It’s difficult at first but worth a try.”– Unknown
22. “Live a simple life and you will enjoy the simple and great things that life has presented.” – Unknown
23. “Don’t take life too seriously Punch it in the face when it needs a good hit Laugh at it.” – Colleen Hoover
24. “Don’t take life too seriously. After all none of us are getting out alive anyway.” – Jill Shalvis
25. “Nothing wastes more energy than worrying. The longer one carries a problem, the heavier it becomes. Don’t take life too seriously. Live a life full of serenity, not of regrets. ” – Douglas Pagels
26. “Don’t take life too seriously and have fun. Don’t waste your time on things that your ego will try and convince you are important.” – RuPaul
Meaning Of Don’t Take Life Too Seriously
People have a habit of taking life far too seriously. In particular, they believe this about themselves. Which is probably why they’re so easily frightened and hurt.
Don’t take yourself so seriously; life is short. I hope you realise how insignificant you are in the grand scheme of things. If you suddenly vanish from the face of the earth tomorrow morning, no one will notice.
The average person needs to keep this in mind constantly. It doesn’t matter how significant the work you’re doing, you have to realize that no matter who you are, the world will continue to function normally even after you’re gone tomorrow morning.
Therefore, ease into the here and now and enjoy life more; just live!
- What is Brahma Muhurata?
- Aarambh Hai Prachand Song Meaning in English
- Why Do We Offer Flowers to God?
- Sai Baba Quotes
- Life Is Uncertain Quotes
- When Your Grown Child Breaks Your Heart Quotes
- Quotes by Terence McKenna
- Happy Diwali Quotes, Greetings, And Wishes
- Success Quotes From Alan Watts
- 50 Cent Success Quotes