40 Don’t Trust Anyone Quotes That Will Make You Think Twice
Last Updated on December 15, 2022
We’ve all heard the saying “don’t trust anyone” – but do you really take it to heart? We can all benefit from being more cautious with who we trust and when, and below are some quotes to help us remember this valuable lesson.
After all, trust is something that needs to be earned. But when it comes to trusting others, it’s easy to get caught up in the moment and forget that not everyone has the same motivations. That’s why don’t trust anyone quotes can be so important. They help remind us to be careful and take time to evaluate the people we interact with.
Let’s look at some of the best “don’t trust anyone” quotes to help you figure out who you can and can’t trust, be more aware of your surroundings, and pay more attention to your relationships.
Trust No One: Don’t Trust Anyone Quotes
In a world where people can be dishonest and manipulative, it can be important to be careful about who we trust and how much we trust them.
1. “Like everybody and trust no one.” – Unknown
2. “Act like you trust people, but do not.” – Unknown
3. “I got trust issues because people got lying issues.” – Unknown
4. “Don’t trust what you see, even salt looks like sugar.” – Unknown
5. “Never trust people from what they say, trust them from what they do.” – Unknown
6. “Don’t trust anyone.” – Tupac Shakur
7. “I don’t trust anybody. Not anybody. And the more that I care about someone, the more sure I am they’re going to get tired of me and take off.” – Rainbow Rowell
8. Trust is a fragile thing once earned, it affords us tremendous freedom but once trust is lost, it can be impossible to recover of course the truth is, we never know who we can trust. Those we’re closest to can betray us. – Mary Alice Young
9. “Sometimes you don’t know who you can and cannot trust. I still learn that over and over again.” – Demi Lovato
10. “Don’t trust people who tell you other people’s secrets.” – Dan Howell
11. “I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself.” – Robert E. Lee
12. “You believe lies so you can eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.” – Marilyn Monroe
13. “A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody.” -Thomas Paine
14. “Trust is like a mirror. You can fix it if it’s broken, but you can still see the crack in that motherfucker’s reflection.” — Lady Gaga
15. “Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.” – William Shakespeare
16. “Not everyone can be trusted. I think we all have to be very selective about the people we trust.” – Shelley Long
17. “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” – William Shakespeare
18. “A liar will always be a liar. They will only get better at it” – Unknown
19. “The Less You Trust, The Less You Get Hurt” – Unknown
20. “Trust is built when someone is vulnerable and not taken advantage of.” – Bob Vanourek
21. “Trusting is hard. Knowing who to trust, even harder.” – Unknown
22. “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.” – Unknown
23. “I’m a good enough person to forgive you, but not stupid enough to trust you again.” – Unknown
24. ““Few delights can equal the mere presence of one whom we trust utterly.” – George MacDonald
25. “You can’t trust a promise someone makes while they’re drunk, in love, hungry, or running for office.” — Joe Moore
26. “Love cannot live where there is no trust.” – Edith Hamilton
27. “I do not trust people who don’t love themselves and yet tell me, ‘I love you.’” – Maya Angelou
28. “You may not always trust the people you love, but you can always love the people you trust.” – Unknown
Don’t Trust Anyone Blindly Quotes
29. “I don’t trust words, I trust actions.” – Unknown
30. “Every day is just like April Fool’s day. You should not believe and trust in anyone.” – Unknown
31. “Trust no one because life is full of fake people.” – Unknown
32. “I trust no one, not even myself.” – Joseph Stalin
33. “Don’t trust anyone blindly. Most people are with you only for their sake and interest.” – Anonymous
34. “If you’re going to trust one person, let it be yourself.” – Robert Tew
35. “Never trust a man who speaks well of everybody.” – John Churton Collins
36. “Never trust anyone blindly, Blind belief is too dangerous. ” – Anupamma
37. “When a river of tears and a load of grief keep on flowing from a mountain of broken trust, feelings may relentlessly besiege the stronghold of our flesh. Only a timely adjustment with our mental compass can shore up confidence, resilience; and reliance. (“Taken for a ride”)” – Erik Pevernagie
38. “Each betrayal begins with trust.” – Phish
39. “I had trusted him. I had even trusted him after he betrayed me. I was too open for my own good. I still gave that man my heart even after he destroyed it.” – Jacqueline
40. “Do not trust all men, but trust men of worth; the former course is silly, the latter a mark of prudence.” – Democritus
Why A Person Should Not Trust Everyone?
It is generally not a good idea to trust everyone because not everyone has good intentions. Some people may take advantage of your trust and use it to hurt you or benefit from you in some way.
It is important to be cautious and use your own judgment to determine who is trustworthy and who is not. Additionally, it is important to remember that even people who have good intentions can make mistakes or behave in ways that are not in your best interest, so it is best to not blindly trust anyone without considering the potential consequences.