43 Inspiring Bad Day Quotes to Help You Get Through a Difficult Time
Last Updated on April 13, 2022
Is it hard to get out of bed every morning?
Do you find yourself wondering how to get on with your day?
Are you feeling overwhelmed and need some motivation?
If so, these quotes will help you through a bad time and give your spirits an extra boost. Whether you need some words of encouragement or wisdom from great thinkers like Aristotle and Maya Angelou, Consider reading these 43 inspirational bad day quotes to lift your spirits when things are going badly.
43 Inspiring Quotes About Bad Days
1. “Breathe. It’s just a bad day, not a bad life.” – Unknown
2. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” ― Dale Carnegie
3. “You have good days, you have bad days. But the main thing is to grow mentally.” ― Floyd Mayweather Jr
4. “ I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” ― Michael Jordan
5. “On the other side of the clouds is a bright blue sky.” – Unknown
6. “Life is tough, but so are you.” – Unknown
7. “The true measure of success is how many times you can bounce back from failure.” ― Stephen Richards
8. “The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.” ― Martha Washington
9. “Sometimes you need those bad days, to help you appreciate the good ones.” – Unknown
10. “You have to remember that the hard days are what make you stronger. The bad days make you realize what a good day is. If you never had any bad days, you would never have that sense of accomplishment.” – Aly Raisman
11. “Watch the sunrise at least once a year, put a lot of marshmallows in your hot chocolate, lie on your back and look at the stars, never buy a coffee table you can’t put your feet on, never pass up a chance to jump on a trampoline, don’t overlook life’s small joys while searching for the big ones.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr
Having A Bad Day Just Remember Quotes
12. “Whenever you’re going through a bad day just remember, your track record for getting through bad days, so far, is 100%. That’s pretty darn good.” – Unknown
13. “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ― Haruki Murakami
14. “When you have a bad day always remember someone else’s day is worse. Be thankful for what you have.” – Unknown
Related: 30+ Ways You Can Take Care Of Yourself After a Bad Day
15. “When things are bad, remember: it won’t always be this way.” – Unknown
16. “Just remember, even your worst days can only last twenty-four hours.” – Unknown
Quotes To Make You Smile On A Bad Day
17. “If you’re having a bad day, just remember, at least you don’t look like you did in middle school.” – Unknown
18. “I have no words to describe this day. I do, however, have a ton of obscene gestures.” – Unknown
19. “When something goes wrong in your life, just yell, ‘PLOT TWIST!’ and move on.” – Unknown
20. “My life can be summed up in one sentence… ‘Well that didn’t go as planned.” – Unknown
21. “My life can be summed up in one sentence… ‘Well that didn’t go as planned.” – Unknown
22. “Life is short, smile while you still have teeth” – Unknown
23. “The two enemies of happiness are pain and boredom.” – Unknown
24. “When you’re feeling sad, remember that there is one moron in the world that is pushing a door that says pull” – Unknown
25. “Oh, you are having a bad day. Did you die?” – Chow
26. “Dear life, when I asked if my day could get worse, it was a rhetorical question not a challenge.” – Unknown
Bad Days Will Pass Quotes
In the Bible, there is a verse that says, “This too shall pass.” It has been used by a lot of people from a lot of different times and places. Let’s have a look at some of the inspiring bad days will quotes to lift you up and inspire you to look forward to better days and forget the bad ones.
27. “See your hard times through the spectacles of your experiences. They, too, shall pass away.” ― Ogwo David Emenike
28. “You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events. ” – Joel Osteen
Related: 101 Inspiring Joel Osteen Quotes
29. “This is the ending. Now not day only shall be beloved, but night too shall be beautiful and blessed and all its fear pass away.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
30. “Life has got to be lived – that’s all there is to it. At seventy, I would say the advantage is that you take life more calmly. You know that ‘this, too, shall pass!’” – Eleanor Roosevelt
31. “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.” – Unknown
32. “You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to.” – Robin Williams
33. “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always good to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.”
34. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” – Nelson Mandela
35. “Hard times are good in their own way, too. The only way you can achieve true happiness is if you experience true sadness as well.” – Gabrielle Williams
36. “Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and when it comes, hold your head high, look it squarely in the eye and say “I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me.” Then repeat to yourself the most comforting of all words , “This too shall pass.” – Unknown
Also Read: How To Find Beauty In The Chaos Of Life?
Best Quotes About Bad Days
37. “Maybe it’s not about having a beautiful day, but about finding beautiful moments. Maybe a whole day is just too much to ask. I could choose to believe that in every day, in all things, no matter how dark and ugly, there are shards of beauty if I look for them.” ―
38. “So you had a bad day. Kick it aside and be grateful for one less bad day to pass through.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
39. “A bad day doesn’t cancel out a good life. Keep going.” ― Richie Norton
40. “When nothing goes my way, when all attempts fail, when the darkest clouds in the sky seem bent on hovering over me while everyone with whom I come into contact flashes a nasty scowl, I find some comfort in the thought of a fresh tomorrow. I am thankful for the opportunity to try again.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
41. “How was your day?’ ought to be ‘How did you look at your day?” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
42. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” ― Jon Kabat-Zinn
43. “I get up every morning and it’s going to be a great day. You never know when it’s going to be over so I refuse to have a bad day.” – Paul Henderson
Video To Help You Get Through A Bad Day
Resources To Read About Bad Days
- 5 tips for surviving a really bad day
- Things to Remember When You’re Having a Bad Day
- How to Turn a Bad Day Around – Harvard
A gloomy day might be made a little brighter by reading these inspirational quotations. If you know someone who’s having a bad day, share these with them so that they can have a nice moment to look back on.
Thanks for reading.