Born in 1838, Sai Baba reverently known as Shirdi Sai Baba is an Indian guru that is known for his preaching about the idea of love and forgiveness, while criticizing the human attachment toward materialism. He is loved by both Hindus and Muslims and is also known as a Fakir, leading the life of an ascetic while meditating under a tree for hours.
He is said to hold knowledge of both Hindu scriptures and the Quran as he used to teach Bhagavad Gita and Quran whenever he used to share spiritual wisdom with his followers.
I have collected some of his 25 most inspiring quotes that will provide you with the abundance of wisdom that Sai Baba used to preach on the subjects of mortality, faith, patience, and love.
Inspiring Sai Baba Quotes
In search of inspiring Sai Baba quotes? Check out these inspiring sayings from spiritual leader Sai Baba to help keep life’s priorities in perspective.
1. “Unless there is some relationship or connection, nobody goes anywhere. If any men or creatures come to you, do not discourteously drive them away, but receive them well and treat them with due respect. Sri Hari (God) will certainly be pleased if you give water to the thirsty, bread to the hungry, clothes to the naked, and your verandah to strangers for sitting and resting. If anybody wants any money from you and you are not inclined to give, do not give, but do not bark at him like a dog.”– Sai Baba
It’s impossible to get anywhere in life without the right set of connections. So, don’t be rude to others; instead, be welcoming and treat everyone with the courtesy they deserve and that will come back to you.
2. “Let us be content with what we have, and submit our will to Allah”– Sai Baba
Gratitude is one of the best things that one can practice in life, if you are content with what you have, you will recieve more and even if you don’t still you’ll live a happy life.
3. “Sabka Malik Ek Hai. Traslation: One God Governs All”– Sai Baba
Many saints and fakirs always repeated the same thing that most the humans do not understand: God is one and one for all. I still don’t understand why we divide God according to our superficial beliefs.
4. “The wretched and the miserable would rise to plenty of joy and happiness.” – Sai Baba
5. “If one perpetually thinks of me, and makes me his sole refuge, I become his debtor and will give my life to save him.”Sai Baba
Think of the lord and you’ll be saved from the harm.
6. “Oh friend! Brahma Jnana means realisation of Self (Atma). There is no difference between Atma and God. If you want to realise Atma in your body, then you have to surrender to God the following five things: five pranas, five senses, mind, intellect and ego. All these are inside a person. It is easy to surrender the external things. But to surrender those which are inside a person is very difficult. It is like walking on the edge of a sharp knife. Those who cannot surrender even the external things are deemed to be fully under delusion. Such persons cannot understand the five inside matters.”– Sai Baba
It’s challenging, but not impossible, to let go of the things that are deep inside oneself. In a nutshell, it’s like balancing on the tip of a knife. Those who are so wrapped up in themselves that they cannot let go of their material possessions are said to be completely deluded. These outsiders are incapable of comprehending what the “five inside matters” are.
7. “Man learns through experience, and the spiritual path is full of different kinds of experiences. He will encounter many difficulties and obstacles, and they are the very experiences he needs to encourage and complete the cleansing process.”– Sai Baba
Until and unless you fail, or fight any obstacle it is almost impossible to grow in any aspect of life either spirtual or material.
8. “Our Karma is the cause of our happiness and sorrow; therefore put up with whatever comes to you.”– Sai Baba
What you sow, so you reap.
9. “Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.”– Sai Baba
Be happy with everything that God has given you instead of making changes to your life because at the end of the day, a miserable will still be miserable even in his Ferrari.
10. “Even a well-read person who is not free from the desire of the fruit of his actions, is useless and cannot get self-realization.”– Sai Baba
Do you work and leave the rest on God.
11. “The life ahead can only be glorious if you learn to live in total harmony with the Lord.”– Sai Baba
12. “Unless egoism and greed is dropped, avarice got rid of, and the mind made desireless, self-realisation is not possible.”
13. “You may feel lost and alone, but Sai knows exactly where you are, and he has a good plan for your life.”– Sai Baba
14. “To God is the praise. I am but the slave of God. Without God’s permission, nothing can be done by me.”– Sai Baba
15. “Remember my child that whoever comes into your life has past connection with you.”– Sai Baba
16. “People abuse their own friends and family, but it is only after performing many meritorious acts that one gets a human birth. Why then come to Shirdi and slander people?”– Sai Baba
17. “Gain and loss, birth and death are in the hands of God.”– Sai Baba
18. “Death and life are the manifestations of God’s activity. You cannot separate the two. God permeates all.”– Sai Baba
19. “All that you see taken together is Myself. I do not shake or move.”– Sai Baba
20. “Other people’s acts will affect just them. It is only your own deeds that will affect you.” – Sai Baba
21. “If you make me the sole object of your thoughts and aims, you will gain the supreme goal. Trust in the Guru fully. That is the only sadhana. I am the slave of my devotee.”– Sai Baba
22. “My business is to give blessings. I get angry with none. Will a mother get angry with her children? Will the ocean send back the waters to the several rivers? I will take you to the end. Surrender completely to God.”– Sai Baba
23. “If one devotes their entire time to me and rests in me, need fear nothing for body and soul. If one sees me and me alone and listens to my Leelas and is devoted to me alone, they will reach God.”– Sai Baba
If you give yourself completely to Sai and find peace in Sai , you have nothing to worry about on a physical or spiritual level.
24. “Spend money in charity; be generous and munificent but not extravagant.”– Sai Baba Quotes
If God is giving you plenty it is your duty as a human to share it with the humanity through charity.
25. “If a devotee is about to fall, I stretch out my hands to support him or her. I think of my people day and night. I say their names over and over. My treasury is open but no one brings carts to take from it. I say, “Dig!” but no one bothers. My people do not come to me of their own accord; it is I who seek and bring them to me. All that is seen is my form: ant, fly, prince, and pauper However distant my people may be, I draw them to me just as we pull a bird to us with a string tied to its foot.”– Sai Baba Quotes
Thank you for taking the time to read these quotations. Browse our finest quotes if you enjoy reading them as much as we do.
- 42 Breathtaking Quotes by Terence McKenna On Psychedelics, Death And More
- Success Quotes From Alan Watts That Will Inspire You To Live Your Best Life
- 27 Spiritual Ram Dass Quotes About Life, Death And More
- 45 Spiritual Fire Quotes To Awaken Your Soul
- 20 Don’t Play Games With Me Quotes To Live By