13 J. Krishnamurti Quotes On God That Will Make You A Believer
Last Updated on July 9, 2022
Here are 13 Jiddu Krishnamurti quotes on God, compiled just for you, to help you reevaluate your views on religion, and spirituality.
As a matter of fact, some of Krishnamurti’s views on God were difficult to comprehend. Despite his belief in God, his thoughts were considerably more advanced than ours.
To paraphrase Krishnamurti, everything that happens in the universe is the result of God, or as he says, life itself is God. But, he never disputed that there is a God, even though his concept of him was far different from what society tells us about him.
Jiddu Krishnamurti quotes on God
1. “How is the mind, the brain included to be completely quiet? Some say breathe properly, take deep breaths, that is, get more oxygen into your blood; a shoddy little mind breathing very deeply, day after day, can be fairly quiet; but it is still a shoddy little mind.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
And that is what you are afraid of – of being nothing. Isn’t it very strange how you spend forty years going to the office and when you stop doing these things you have heart trouble and die? You are the office, the files, the manager or the clerk or whatever your position is; you are that and nothing else. And you have a lot of ideas about God, goodness, truth, what society should be – that is all. Therein lies sorrow. To realize for yourself that you are that is great sorrow, but the greatest sorrow is that you do not realize it. To see that and find out what it means is to die.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
2. “Religion becomes a matter of belief, and belief acts as a limitation on the mind; and the mind then is never free. But it is only in freedom that you can find out what is true, what is God, not through any belief; because your belief projects what you think God ought to be, what you think ought to be true. If you believe God is love, God is good, God is this or that, your very belief prevents you from understanding what is God, what is true.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
3. “A mind that believes there is a God, or that there is no God, is a conditioned, prejudiced mind.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
4. “When there is no fear then the mind is in quite a different dimension. Only then can you ask whether there is a God or not.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
5. “God or truth comes into being from moment to moment only in a state of freedom and spontaneity.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
6. “There are those who don’t believe in God and yet do good. There are those who believe in God and kill for that belief; those who prepare for war because they claim they want peace, and so on. So one has to ask oneself what need there is to believe at all in anything, though this doesn’t deny the extraordinary mystery of life. But belief is a word, a thought, and this is not the thing, anymore than your name is actually you.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
7. “Through experience you hope to touch the truth of your belief, to prove it to yourself, but this belief conditions your experience. It isn’t that the experience comes to prove the belief, but rather that the belief begets the experience. Your belief in God will give you the experience of what you call God. You will always experience what you believe and nothing else.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
8. “God hasn’t created all this misery, has he? If he has, he must be an odd god, a sadist god.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
9. “The mind pursues that which it has experienced, but that which it has experienced is already over, dead, gone. To discover that which is, the mind must die to that which it has experienced.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
10. “When you think of God, your God is the projection of your own thought, the result of social influences. You can think only of the known; you cannot think of the unknown, you cannot concentrate on truth.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
11. “The fact is there is nothing that you can trust; and that is a terrible fact, whether you like it or not. Psychologically there is nothing in the world, that you can put your faith, your trust, or your belief in. Neither your gods, nor your science can save you, can bring you psychological certainty; and you have to accept that you can trust in absolutely nothing.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
12. “Your belief in God is merely an escape from your monotonous, stupid and cruel life.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
13. “Religion becomes a matter of belief, and belief acts as a limitation on the mind; and the mind then is never free.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
Liked These Krishnamurti Quotes On God?
I hope that you found these J. Krishnamurti quotes on God to be enjoyable to read and that you gained some insight from his ideas. If you are interested in reading about spirituality and the secrets of the universe, then do visit the spiritual section of this website. Bet you’ll love it.