Last Updated on December 15, 2022
Jordan Peterson is a Canadian psychologist and author who has gained a significant following for his insights on a wide range of topics, including psychology, philosophy, and personal development. One of the key themes in Peterson’s work is the importance of humility, and he has offered many thought-provoking insights on this topic.
In this article, we will examine some of Jordan Peterson’s most thought-provoking quotes on the subject of humility. We will consider the meaning and significance of some of these quotes, and reflect on how they can apply to our own lives.
These quotes are sure to provide insight and inspiration for anyone interested in the topic of humility.
Before I share the quotes I want to just brief you about the word Humility. So, what exactly is humility?
Jordan Peterson Quotes On Humility
1. “Humility is recognition of personal insufficiency and the willingness to learn.” – Jordan Peterson
2. “Be humble enough to understand that if you can’t order your own life, you shouldn’t be trying to order anything more complicated than that.”– Jordan Peterson
3. “Humility: It is better to presume ignorance and invite learning than to assume sufficient knowledge and risk the consequent blindness.” – Jordan Peterson"Humility: It is better to presume ignorance and invite learning than to assume sufficient knowledge and risk the consequent blindness." Click To Tweet
4. “Humility is recognition of personal insufficiency and the willingness to learn.” – Jordan Peterson
5. “We deserve some respect. You deserve some respect. You are important to other people, as much as to yourself. You have some vital role to play in the unfolding destiny of the world. You are, therefore, morally obliged to take care of yourself. You should take care of, help and be good to yourself the same way you would take care of, help and be good to someone you loved and valued. You may therefore have to conduct yourself habitually in a manner that allows you some respect for your own Being—and fair enough. But every person is deeply flawed. Everyone falls short of the glory of God. If that stark fact meant, however, that we had no responsibility to care, for ourselves as much as others, everyone would be brutally punished all the time. That would not be good. That would make the shortcomings of the world, which can make everyone who thinks honestly question the very propriety of the world, worse in every way. That simply cannot be the proper path forward.” – Jordan Peterson
6. “Humility means to be deeply aware of your own ignorance.” – Jordan Peterson
8. “You should be humble enough to understand that if you can’t order your own life, you shouldnt be trying to order anything more complicated than that.” – Jordan Peterson
9. “We believe that in reducing the scope and importance of our errors, we are properly humble; in truth, we are merely unwilling to bear the weight of our true responsibility.” – Jordan Peterson
10. “It’s in responsibility that most people I find the meaning that sustains them through life. It’s not in happines” – Jordan Peterson
11. “Don’t practice what you don’t want to become.” – Jordan Peterson
12. “Have some humility. Clean up your bedroom. Take care of your family. Follow your conscience. Straighten up your life.” – Jordan Peterson
13. “No tree can grow to Heaven,” adds the ever-terrifying Carl Gustav Jung, psychoanalyst extraordinaire, “unless its roots reach down to Hell.” – Jordan Peterson
14. “Intolerance of others’ views (no matter how ignorant or incoherent they may be) is not simply wrong; in a world where there is no right or wrong, it is worse: it is a sign you are embarrassingly unsophisticated or, possibly, dangerous.” – Jordan Peterson
15. “Creative exploration [is] impossible, without (humble) acknowledgement of the unknown.” – Jordan Peterson