25 Life Is Uncertain Quotes That Will Change Your Perspective
Last Updated on October 1, 2022
Life can be unpredictable. Anything could happen at any time. One moment, you’re happy; the next moment, your world has been flipped upside down and in a blink of an eye your life changes forever.
In human existence, nothing is permanent. Everything is fleeting. Everyone will experience bad times sooner or later. And it’s during these moments that we need to have courage and see things from a new perspective. These difficulties are not meaningless but come with great purpose – they give us strength, they test our resilience, and they help us discover who we really are on the inside.
We all have different challenges to face in this life, but there are some universal truths that can help anyone get through the toughest of times. Read on for some uplifting quotes about uncertain life that might offer some comfort.
Best Life Is Uncertain Quotes
1. “We must content ourselves with the mystery, the absurdity, the contradictions, the hostility, but also the generosity that our environment offers us. It’s not much, but it’s always better than the deadly, defeatist certainty of the paranoid.” – Philip K. Dick
2. “You never know these days. Uninvited guests may force you to take an unplanned trip to an unknown destination; doesn’t hurt to be in your Sunday clothes.” – Anurag Shourie
3. “Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security” – John Allen Paulos
4. “The quest for certainty blocks the search for meaning. Uncertainty is the very condition to impel man to unfold his powers.” – Erich Fromm
5. “Hope — Hope in the face of difficulty. Hope in the face of uncertainty. The audacity of hope! In the end, that is God’s greatest gift to us…A belief in things not seen. A belief that there are better days ahead.”– Barack Obama
6. “Failure exists. Yes! Failure exists. Don’t expect to meet all your expectations in life; however, expect to do everything you must do to realize your expectations and success. These two things success and failure have in common; they both responds to uncertainty and they are triggered by action.” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
7. “The future is uncertain… but this uncertainty is at the very heart of human creativity.” – Ilya Prigogine
8. “The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not knowing what comes next.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
9. “So what do we do? Anything. Something. So long as we just don’t sit there. If we screw it up, start over. Try something else. If we wait until we’ve satisfied all the uncertainties, it may be too late.” – Lee Iacocca
10. “If you aren’t in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.“– Jim Carrey
11. “I think it’s much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong.” – Richard P. Feynman
12. “One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.” – Andre Gide
13. “Uncertainty and expectation are the joys of life. Security is an insipid thing.” – William Congreve
14. “Live in the question…Leave all the answers blank…Let’s play with the magic of uncertainty” – Dipin Damodharan
15. “We sail within a vast sphere, ever drifting in uncertainty, driven from end to end.” – Blaise Pascal
16. “I spent a lot of years trying to outrun or outsmart vulnerability by making things certain and definite, black and white, good and bad. My inability to lean into the discomfort of vulnerability limited the fullness of those important experiences that are wrought with uncertainty: Love, belonging, trust, joy, and creativity to name a few.”– Brene Brown
17. “A truth which comes to us from outside always bears the stamp of uncertainty. We can believe only what appears to each one of us in our own hearts as truth.” – Rudolf Steiner
18. “It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn’t get confined, permanently blocked, as it has” – Richard P. Feynman
19. “Part of the reason there’s an injunction to the truth, for example, is that if you’re in a circumstance of extreme uncertainty, your best weapon, let’s say, or your best tool or your best defense is the truth, because it keeps things simpler.” – Jordan Peterson
20. “Uncertainty is a sign of humility, and humility is just the ability or the willingness to learn.” – Charlie Sheen
21. “Fear comes from uncertainty. When we are absolutely certain, whether of our worth or worthlessness, we are almost impervious to fear.”– William Congreve
22. “In detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty…in the wisdom of uncertainty lies the freedom from our past, from the known, which is the prison of past conditioning. And in our willingness to step into the unknown, the field of all possibilities, we surrender ourselves to the creative mind that orchestrates the dance of the universe.” – Deepak Chopra
23. “Living with uncertainty is one of the few established facts of modern life (or any life for that matter).” – Lawrence J. Raphael– Lawrence J. Raphael
24. “We are not to be anxious about the unknown future or to fret about it. We are to live in a moment-by-moment dependence upon God.” – James Montgomery Boice
25. “Accepting that the world is full of uncertainty and ambiguity does not and should not stop people from being pretty sure about a lot of things.” – Julian Baggini
Thank you for taking the time to read these quotations. Browse our finest quotes if you enjoy reading them as much as we do.