The famous author of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (1969), Dr Maya Angelou, is one of America’s most beloved and renowned poets.
She has received more than 50 honorary degrees but despite her achievements, she is more remembered for her wisdom and awareness. On May 28, 2014, the great Maya Angelou passed away and in remembrance of her legacy, I have gathered 10 of her best quotes on purpose.
I hope these Maya Angelou’s quotes on purpose will inspire you and will impact your life in a positive way.
10 Maya Angelou Quotes About Purpose
1. “Have a purpose to your life: Purpose does not mean having a job…You can have a job and still be unfulfilled.” – Maya Angelou
2. “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” – Maya Angelou
3. “You alone are enough, you have nothing to prove to anybody.” – Maya Angelou
4. “My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart.” – Maya Angelou
5. “A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.” – Maya Angelou
6. “Nothing will work until you do.” – Maya Angelou
7. “One person, with good purpose, can, constitute the majority.” – Maya Angelou
8. “I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.” – Maya Angelou
9. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
10. “If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.” – Maya Angelou
Watch The Best Advice By Maya Angelou
I hope these quotes by Maya Angelou on purpose, inspired you and gave you a direction on how you can make your life more purposeful and meaningful.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop your question in the comment section.