No Guts No Glory Quotes: 22 Quotes About Having Courage
Last Updated on July 12, 2022
They say that if you don’t have the guts, you won’t get the glory. “No guts, no glory” is a phrase that has been around for a long time. The phrase was coined by American Air Force Major General Frederick Corbin Blesse. It’s a phrase that means you should not be afraid to try and take risks in life.
Some people are hesitant to take risks because they don’t want to fail. They are afraid of the consequences that might come with it. But the truth is, taking risks can lead to great success and happiness in life. Everyone has the potential to do great things. Every single one of us has the ability to make significant strides in our lives and accomplish remarkable things to varying degrees.
With that said, as always I have compiled 22 no guts no glory quotes that will give you courage in your tough times so that you achieve the unachievable and understand the impotance of taking the step to achieve success in life.
What does No Guts No Glory mean?
As I mentioned before, “No Guts No Glory” refers to the idea that success demands some degree of risk-taking. A person who doesn’t put out any effort isn’t likely to achieve any positive outcomes.
No Guts No Glory Quotes That Show There Is No Glory Without Risk
1. “Glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.” – Charles de Gaul
2. “It’s a neighborhood where every dad has at least one job and where parents often end conversations with the words: no guts, no glory.” – Michael Jay
3. “I was brought up to believe that there is no such thing as failure as long as I’m trying my best. So I’ve had a ‘blood, guts and glory’ approach through my whole life.” – Ali Larter
4. “No guts, no glory. If you are going to shoot him down, you have to get in there and mix it up with him.” – Frederick C. Blesse
5. “If women want to be treated equally, then they can’t ask for sops and whine about not being treated equally. All I’ll say is no guts, no glory for men or women.” – Preity Zinta
6. “Society is going to judge you anyway, so do whatever you want to do … No guts no glory.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
7. “Few things come to shake us up and few things pass to teach us how to let go then many things come and remind us what it’s all about. It’s life and the only person who will control how you feel about all the guts and glory in its path is you.” – Nikki Rowe
8. “Glory belongs to the act of being constant to something greater than yourself, to a cause, to your principles, to the people on whom you rely and who rely on you in return.” – John McCain
9. “I was brought up to believe that there is no such thing as failure as long as I’m trying my best. So I’ve had a ‘blood, guts and glory’ approach through my whole life.” — Ali Larter
10. “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
11. “It takes effort to say no when our heart and brains and guts and, most important, pride are yearning to say yes. Practice.” – Cole Harmonson
12. “I am quite a wise old bird, but I am no desert hermit who can only prophesy when his guts are knotted with hunger. I am deep in the old man’s puzzle, trying to link the wisdom of the body with the wisdom of the spirit until the two are one.” – Robertson Davies
13. “If you’re the kind of person who has no guts, you just give up every time life pushes you. If you’re that kind of person, you’ll live all your life playing it safe, doing the right things, saving yourself for something that never happens. Then, you die a boring old man.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki, No Guts No Glory Quotes
14. “Because no matter what they say, you always have a choice. You just don’t always have the guts to make it.” – Ray N. Kuili
15. “All glory comes from daring to begin.” – Eugene F. Ware
16. “Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory.” – William Barclay
17. “Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
18. “The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it.” – Thucydides
19. “There’s no glory in climbing a mountain if all you want to do is to get to the top. It’s experiencing the climb itself – in all its moments of revelation, heartbreak, and fatigue – that has to be the goal.” – Karyn Kusama
20. “True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read, and in so living as to make the world happier and better for our living in it.” – Pliny the Elder
21. “The tragedy of life is in what dies inside a man while he lives – the death of genuine feeling, the death of inspired response, the awareness that makes it possible to feel the pain or the glory of other men in yourself.” – Norman Cousins, No Guts No Glory Quotes
22. “Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.” – Mahatma Gandhi
After reading these “no guts, no glory” quotes, you should be feeling inspired. If you want to live a life that people will talk about for generations to come, you have to take risks.
Do something right now to improve your chances of becoming famous and becoming glorious. Without risk, there is no reward. Do something today that will help you step into the greatness you already are. If you put your mind to it, you will succeed.