40 Quotes About Knowledge And Wisdom
Last Updated on March 1, 2022
People believe that knowledge and wisdom are the same, but this is not true. Anyone can be knowledgeable but not everyone can be wise.
Everything you learn in school, colleges, or from your mentors, the truths and the facts, they all are part of knowledge. On the other hand, wisdom is practical, one cannot learn to be wise.
Wisdom comes from practical experience, wisdom helps a person to make sound decisions, it is an ability to make good judgment.
In this article, I will share quotes about knowledge and wisdom which will give you a clear understanding of both of them. Through these quotes about knowledge and wisdom, you will understand how knowledge and wisdom help a person to apply both logic and intuition.
Quotes About Knowledge And Wisdom
1. “Knowledge without wisdom is a load of books on the back of an ass.” – Japenese Proverb
2. “Wisdom cannot be imparted. The wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else … Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.” – Herman Hesse
3. “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” – Albert Einstein
4. “To attain knowledge, add things every day. To attain wisdom, remove things every day.” – Lao Tse
5. “Knowledge is knowing what to say. Wisdom is knowing when to say it.” – Unknown
6. “The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.” – Anais Nin
7. “Knowledge is a process of piling up facts; wisdom lies in their simplification.” – Martin Luther King
8. “If facts are the seeds that later produce knowledge and wisdom, then the emotions and the impressions of the senses are the fertile soil in which the seeds must grow.” – Rachel Carson
9. “Knowledge is power but only wisdom is liberty.” – Will Durant
10. “Knowledge is useful when applied, but over-accumulated for its own sake is a burden.” – Naval Ravikant
11. “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” – Socrates
12. “Knowledge without transformation is not wisdom.” – Paulo Coelho
13. “Wisdom > knowledge > information > data.” – Shane Parrish
14. “Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.” – Jimi Hendrix
15. “Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.” – Miles Kington
16. “The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.” – Isaac Asimov
17. “These days people seek knowledge, not wisdom. Knowledge is of the past, wisdom is of the future.” – Vernon Cooper
18. “We do not need more knowledge but more wisdom. Wisdom comes from our own attention.” – Jack Kornfield
19. “To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.” – Marilyn Vos Savant
20. “Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” – Ram Dass
21. “Doubt is wisdom. People are dangerous when they are certain that their cause is just and their facts are right.” – Paulo Coelho
22. “Knowledge is an addiction, as a drink; knowledge does not bring understanding. Knowledge can be taught, but not wisdom; there must be freedom from knowledge for the coming of wisdom.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
23. “Information, the knowledge of facts, though ever-increasing, is by its very nature limited. Wisdom is infinite, it includes knowledge and the way of action, but we take hold of a branch and think it is the whole tree. Through the knowledge of the part, we can never realize the joy of the whole. Intellect can never lead to the whole, for it is only a segment, a part.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
24. “Knowledge is proud that he has learned so much; Wisdom is humble that he knows no more.” – William Cowper
25. “We can be knowledgeable with other men’s knowledge, but we cannot be wise with other men’s wisdom.” – Michel de Montaigne
26. “Knowledge without wisdom is like water in the sand.” – Guinean proverb
27. “Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.” – Immanuel Kant
28. “Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.” – Buddha
29. “To know is not to be wise. To know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom.” Charles Spurgeon
30. “Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom.” – Charles Spurgeon
31. “We can be knowledgeable with other men’s knowledge, but we cannot be wise with other men’s wisdom.” – Michel de Montaigne
32. “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” – Confucius
33. “Knowledge and wisdom, far from being one,Have oft-times no connection. Knowledge dwellsIn heads replete with thoughts of other men;Wisdom in minds attentive to their own.” – William Cowper
34. “The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom and the unknown. Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable. The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.” – Roger Zelazny
35. “Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
36. “You open doors when you open books… doors that swing wide to unlimited horizons of knowledge, wisdom, and inspiration that will enlarge the dimensions of your life.” – Wilferd Peterson
37. “Once and for all, there are many things I choose not to know.–Wisdom sets limits even to knowledge.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
38. “Knowledge, wisdom, and understanding don’t come out of the microwave. You got to keep moving forward because the evil doesn’t sleep.” – Chuck D
39. “Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, wisdom is of the future” – Proverb
40. “I don’t actually think of the internet as the bad guy. I think of the internet as doing a hell of a lot of wonderful, fascinating, interesting things. A lot of information that’s exchanged on the internet is extremely useful, and every once in a while it percolates up to knowledge. Wisdom is far harder to come by.” – Joshua Ferris
Did You Like These Knowledge and Wisdom Quotes?
Understand that knowledge is not superior to wisdom. A wise man will always beat a knowledgeable person because through the help of wisdom we can use the knowledge at its best.
If you liked these quotes about knowledge and wisdom then do comment down below, it motivates me to write more useful articles for you.
Thanks for reading✨