Buddhist philosophy was founded by Gautama Buddha during the sixth and fourth centuries B.C.
Many referred to him as “the enlightened one” was referred to as “the enlightened one” by many because of his ability to find calm and solutions to life’s most difficult issues through meditation. Although Buddha’s words of wisdom have remained relevant in many different areas, one in particular has endured the test of time: life.
So, to honor what he taught, I put together a list of the most powerful quotes of Buddha on life.
I hope you’ll enjoy.
Quotes Of Buddha On Life
1. “Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Suffering follows an evil thought as the wheels of a cart follow the oxen that draw it. Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Joy follow a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.” – Buddha
2. “If you meditate earnestly, pure in mind and kind in deeds, leading a disciplined life in harmony with the dharma, you will grow in glory. If you meditate earnestly, through spiritual disciplines you can make an island for yourself that no flood can overwhelm.” – Buddha
3. “Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” – Buddha
4. “He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye.” – Buddha
5. “Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.” – Buddha
6. “On life’s journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him.” – Buddha quotes on life
7. “To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one’s own in the midst of abundance.” – Buddha
8. “When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.” – Buddha
9. “Don’t run after pleasure and neglect the practice of meditation. If you forget the goal of life and get caught in the pleasures of the world, you will come to envy those who put meditation first.” – Buddha
10. “You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
11. “If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.” – Buddha
12. “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.” – Buddha
13. “Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.” – Buddha
14. “Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.” – Buddha
15. “One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world.” – Buddha
16. “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” – Buddha
17. “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” – Buddha
18. “Without health life is not life; it is only a state of languor and suffering – an image of death.” – Buddha
19. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
20. “The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.” – Buddha, Quotes Of Buddha On Life
21. “He who gives away shall have real gain. He who subdues himself shall be free; he shall cease to be a slave of passions. The righteous man casts off evil, and by rooting out lust, bitterness, and illusion do we reach Nirvana.” – Buddha
I hope these quotes of Buddha on life inspire you and provide you comfort in your hard times. I have also compiled some quotes by Buddha on trust. Those quotes would really help you in building stronger relationships with yourself and your loved ones.