27 Spiritual Ram Dass Quotes About Life, Death And More
Last Updated on September 20, 2022
American psychologist, spiritual teacher, and educator Ram Dass (born Richard Alpert) was also recognized as a guru. He has contributed to the western diffusion of yoga and spirituality by penning a number of books on the subjects.
It was during his time studying the effects of psychedelics with Dr. Timothy Leary at Harvard University in the 1970s that Dass gained widespread recognition for his professional endeavors. Dass’s primary mission as a spiritual guide is to persuade people all over the world to stop living in the past and start being completely aware of who they really are in the here and now.
Read these inspirational spiritual quotes from Ram Dass on topics such as love, life, healing, and more.
Spiritual Ram Dass Quotes
1. “Each of us finds his unique vehicle for sharing with others his bit of wisdom.” – Ram Dass
2. “I can resonate with you in the highest place that I am. So: I can do nothing for you but work on myself…you can do nothing for me but work on yourself.” – Ram Dass
3. “Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” – Ram Dass
4. “The quieter you become, the more you can hear.”– Ram Dass (read more about power of silence)
5. “Knowledge all by itself, without deep wisdom, ends up becoming despair.” – Ram Dass
6. “Once you get to your soul, then every person you look at is a soul.” – Ram Dass
7. “Don’t think about the past. Just be here now.” – Ram Dass
8. “We are all affecting the world every moment, whether we mean to or not. Our actions and states of mind matter, because we are so deeply interconnected with one another.” – Ram Dass
9. “The spiritual journey is not about acquiring something outside yourself. Rather, you are penetrating the layers and veils to return to the deepest truth of your own being.” – Ram Dass
10. “The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal. It can’t be organized or regulated. It isn’t true that everyone should follow one path. Listen to your own truth.” – Ram Dass on Spirituality
11. “Compassion refers to the arising in the heart of the desire to relieve the suffering of all beings.”– Ram Dass on Compassion
12. “A relationship starting out as one that awakens love can only remain a living vehicle for love to the extent that it is continually made new or reconsecrated.” – Ram Dass
13. “Our whole spiritual transformation brings us to the point where we realize that in our own being. We are enough.” – Ram Dass
14. “To him who has had the experience no explanation is necessary, to him who has not, none is possible.” – Ram Dass
15. “Your problem is you are too busy holding on to your unworthiness.” – Ram Dass
16. “The world is won by those who let it go.” – Ram Dass
17. “The universe is made up of experiences that are designed to burn out your attachment, your clinging, to pleasure, to pain, to fear to all of it. And as long as there is a place where your vulnerable, the universe will find a way to confront you with it.” – Ram Dass
18. “Death has such great importance in this society that it affects everything. I learned from my guru that death is not the enemy, I see it as another moment. Yet it’s the end of an incarnation and means going on to other incarnations.” – Ram Dass (read more about death)
19. “It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.” – Ram Dass
20. “Give up the anger. Working it through is making it something. Just give it up.” – Ram Dass
21. “Learn to watch your drama unfold while at the same time knowing you are more than your drama.”– Ram Dass
22. “It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.” – Ram Dass
23. “The most important aspect of love is not in giving or the receiving: it’s in the being. When I need love from others, or need to give love to others, I’m caught in an unstable situation. Being in love, rather than giving or taking love, is the only thing that provides stability. Being in love means seeing the Beloved all around me.” – Ram Dass
24. “The ego is frightened by death, because ego is part of the incarnation and ends with it. That is why we learn to identify with our soul, as the soul continues after death. For the soul, death is just another moment.” – Ram Dass On Ego
25. “Death is our greatest challenge as well as our greatest spiritual opportunity.” – Ram Dass Quote on Death
26. “The heart surrenders everything to the moment. The mind judges and holds back.” – Ram Dass
27. “When the faith is strong enough, it is sufficient just to be. It’s a journey towards simplicity, towards quietness.” – Ram Dass
Which of the above sayings resonated with you the most? Respond in the comments box and tell us what struck a chord with you.
Have an amazing day!!