25 Best Standing Up For Others Quotes
Last Updated on October 9, 2022
People who stand up for others, fight for what’s right and make the world a better place are some of the most admirable people we can meet. Whether you’re a parent, friend, or even an acquaintance, it’s always inspiring to witness another person stand up for someone else.
Even if it’s scary or uncomfortable to do so at first, speaking up and putting yourself out there is one of the best things you can do as a person.
These quotes about standing up for others will remind you that it is always worth it to speak up on behalf of those who need your help. Stand up against social injustice; stand up for the people who cannot stand up for themselves; and stand with those who need support so they know that they aren’t alone.
Inspirational Quotes About Standing Up For Others And Supporting The People In Need
1. “Always do good for others because when people try to drag your name through the mud, God will always bring a storm to wash it away.” – Shannon L. Alder
2. “It’s important that we speak up for ourselves, but even more important that we speak up for those who cannot.” – Pamela Bobowicz
3. “Never think that hatred and prejudice are the exclusive problems of any particular group in society or the world. When we become inured to hate’s virulence, it has time to thrive, spread and reach everyone eventually. So take no comfort from the fact that others are suffering today and not you. The mirror of empathy makes us witnesses our own future torment.”– Stewart Stafford
4. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
5. “Don’t give in to bullying or others making fun of people. Stand up for yourself. Stand up for your friends. Be that one person who is genuinely good-hearted.” – Michelle McCool
6. “We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” – Elie Wiesel
7. “Strong people stand up for themselves, but stronger people stand up for others.” – Suzy Kassem
8. “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” – Albert Einstein
9. “What’s the point of having a voice if you’re gonna be silent in those moments you shouldn’t be?” — Angie Thomas
10. “I would rather die fighting for what is right than live passively amidst all that is wrong.” – Suzy Kassem
11. “I’m for truth, no matter who tells it. I’m for justice, no matter who is for or against. I’m a human being, first and foremost, and as such I’m for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole.” – Malcolm X
12. “Stand for what is right. Even if it means standing alone.” – Suzy Kassem
13. “Don’t ever let anyone break your soul. You have to stand on your own two feet and fight. There are those who would give anything to see you fall, never give them the satisfaction, hold your head up high, put a smile on your face, and stand your ground.”– The One Who Never Backs Down
14. “Always stand up for Truth regardless of who steps on it.” – Suzy Kassem
15. “Remember this: Seek the Truth. Once you find it hold on to it. Fight for it. Stand up for the truth even if you’re standing alone.” – Sara Francis
16. “I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” – Elie Wiesel
17. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
18. “Whenever one person stands up and says, ‘Wait a minute, this is wrong,’ it helps other people do the same.“ – Gloria Steinem
19. “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.” – Proverbs 31:8-9
20. “We can learn to see each other, and see ourselves in each other, and recognize that human beings are more alike than we are unalike.” – Maya Angelou
21. “We cannot be separated in interest or divided in purpose. We stand together until the end.” – Woodrow T. Wilson
22. “Remember upon the conduct of each depend on the fate of all.” – Alexander The Great
23. “The most you can do is stand up for what you believe in. I’m much happier since coming out to my friends and family. Being genuine and honest makes me happy ”– Jason Collins
24. “I am fire — if you want something salty and sweet, with no opinion, I am not the woman for you. I spit flames, often.” — Janne Robinson
25. “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” – John Holmes
Thank you for taking the time to read these inspiring quotes. Browse our finest quotes if you enjoy reading them as much as we do.
- 42 Breathtaking Quotes by Terence McKenna On Psychedelics, Death And More
- 25 Best Quotes About Helping Hands On Success & Support That Will Give The Confidence You Need
- Success Quotes From Alan Watts That Will Inspire You To Live Your Best Life
- 27 Spiritual Ram Dass Quotes About Life, Death And More
- 25 Inspiring Sai Baba Quotes To Live By
- 42 Best Inspiring Bob Proctor Quotes To Become Limitless