30 When a Man Cries Quotes To Celebrate Male Emotions through Quotes
Last Updated on March 5, 2023
Men do cry.
There is a social stigma in our society that does not allow men to express themselves. The pressure is such that they can’t even cry in front of their friends or people they truly depend on for support.
However, the truth is that men cry too, and there’s nothing weak or shameful about it. In fact, it takes a great deal of strength and vulnerability to show one’s emotions and let the tears flow.
Because seeing a man crying is so uncommon, this article will examine some of the most moving and well-known quotes on when a man shows their emotional part.
Whether you’re a man who has felt the weight of societal pressure to hide your emotions or someone who wants to better understand and support the men in your life, these quotes offer a window into the complex and multifaceted nature of male emotions.
Best When a Man Cries Quotes
- “If you cry, you cry,” he’d said, drying his cheek with one of the white handkerchiefs he always kept in his back pocket.” – Jared Yates Sexton
- “Because I guarantee you that real men cry, real men will know to seek help when they need it, and real men do stay home with their kids.” – Aaron Gouveia
- “…one of the most valuable lessons I’d ever learn: “If you cry, you cry. There’s no shame in it.” – Jared Yates Sexton
- “For many men, being described as “girly” is a cardinal sin that must be avoided at all costs. Crying too much? Don’t be such a girl. Not throwing the ball far or hard enough? Try harder, Sally. Screaming because you’re scared of something? Man up and don’t be a sissy. These are things every American boy has heard at some point in his life—and internalized, as well.” – Aaron Gouveia
- “Tears are not a sign of weakness, but of strength. They are the courage to let go of the pain and start anew.” – Unknown
- “Men may cry, but they don’t stay down.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Tears are words the heart can’t express.” – Unknown
- “Real men cry, they don’t hide their emotions. They face them head-on.” – Tony Gaskins
- “It takes a strong man to cry, and an even stronger man to cry in front of others.” – Unknown
- “Crying doesn’t indicate that you’re weak. Since birth, it has always been a sign that you’re alive.” – Charlotte Bronte
- “Tears are the silent language of grief.” – Voltaire
- “Crying is cleansing. There’s a reason for tears, happiness or sadness.” – Dionne Warwick
- “It’s not weakness to cry. It’s the strength to acknowledge that you need help and support.” – Unknown
- “Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.” – Jose N. Harris
- “From London to Beijing to South Africa, El Salvador to Spain, the world is changing fast, and increasing numbers of men are waking up to what it means to have a penis and to use it as a weapon of oppression; what it means to believe that women are there to be pornified and abused; what it means to believe that ‘men don’t cry’; what it means to assume that men are the superior gender, and what it means to believe that homosexuality is a disease.” – Stephen M. Whitehead
- “Men didn’t cry. Men didn’t tell you they loved you. Men didn’t talk about what was wrong. It was that Marines mindset, that old way where you were either tough or you were weak.” – Jared Yates Sexton
- “They need to see men cry and talk about their feelings. They need to know men are still men if they paint their fingernails or decide to stay at home with their kids full-time or seek help from a therapist because life circumstances proved too much to bear on their own.” – Aaron Gouveia
- “We encourage the boys to critique phrases such as “Man up” and “Take it like a man.” Which are really say, boys don’t cry and boys don’t ask for help when they’re feeling down.” – David Brockway
- “We raise our boys to be tough at all costs. They are not allowed to cry. They are mocked and ridiculed if they openly express their feelings. They are told to be strong and silent and to never seek help, because “real men” figure things out on their own. They are told to be dominant and aggressive in sports, work, dating, and life in general.” – Aaron Gouveia
- “I don’t deny that I cried; there is no shame for a man to cry for the right reason”
― Islam Bakli
- “It’s okay to cry. It’s a natural response to pain and hurt, and it can be the first step towards healing.” – Unknown
- “Tears are the safety valve of the heart when too much pressure is laid on it.” – Albert Smith
- “The tears of a man are the silent language of a broken heart.” – Carleton H. Sheets
- “A man’s tears are just as important as a woman’s. Both are evidence of the depth of feeling that lies within us all.” – Unknown
- “Crying is a powerful expression of our emotions. It shows that we are willing to be vulnerable and that we care deeply about something.” – Unknown
- “Tears are a language that only the heart can speak, and only those who truly care can understand.” – Unknown
- “Men who cry are not weak, but they are brave enough to face their pain and show their emotions.” – Unknown
- “Tears are not a sign of defeat. They are a sign of love and compassion, and of the courage to face the challenges of life.” – Unknown
- “There’s nothing wrong with shedding tears. It’s a way of expressing our emotions, and it can be a powerful release.” – Unknown
- “When a man cries, it’s a sign of strength and emotional maturity. It shows that he is comfortable with himself and his feelings.” – Unknown
Thanks for reading😊
Read More Awesome Quotes: