38 Thought-Provoking White Quotes For Life
Last Updated on July 10, 2022
The color white can signify a number of different things, depending on factors such as culture and circumstance. Majority of times, white stands for chastity, innocence, and straightforwardness. While it is also a symbol of newness and sterility for some.
Here is a compilation of 38 inspiring white quotes for life that will inspire you to look at your own life in a new light.
The Best White Quotes About Life
1. “Things are not quite so simple always as black and white.” – Doris Lessing
2. “Being glamorous is about strength and confidence. It’s black and white – dramatic. You have to be strong.” – Catherina Jones
3. “It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks’ greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere…That’s the world! On which hope sits!” – Barack Obama, White quotes
4. “I call white the most powerful non-color; it’s clean, optimistic, powerful.” – Jason Wu
5. “It was we, the people; not we, the white male citizens; nor yet we, the male citizens; but we, the whole people, who formed the Union…. Men, their rights and nothing more; women, their rights and nothing less.” – Susan B. Anthony
6. “God paints in many colors; but he never paints so gorgeously, I had almost said so gaudily, as when he paints in white.” – G. K. Chesterton
7. “I spent a lot of years trying to outrun or outsmart vulnerability by making things certain and definite, black and white, good and bad. My inability to lean into the discomfort of vulnerability limited the fullness of those important experiences that are wrought with uncertainty: love, belonging, trust, joy, and creativity, to name a few.” – Brené Brown
8. “I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.” – Mae West
9. “If one lives in a country where racism is held valid and practiced in all ways of life eventually, no matter whether one is a racist or a victim, one comes to feel the absurdity of life…Racism generated from whites is first of all absurd. Racism creates absurdity among blacks as a defense mechanism.” – Chester Himes
10. “Ambitious young women today are taught to ignore or suppress every natural instinct, if it conflicts with the feminist agenda posed on them. All literary and artistic works, no matter how great, that document the ambivalence of female sexuality they are trained to dismiss as “misogynous.” In other words, their minds are being programmed to secede from their bodies … there is a huge gap between feminist rhetoric and women’s actual sex lives, where feminism is of little help except with a certain stratum of deferential, malleable, white middle-class men.” – Camille Paglia, White quotes for life
11. “Isn’t that what love means, to fill ordinary, commonplace, conventional things with magic and significance, not to need the moon and white scent-heavy flowers at night?” – Elizabeth Bibesco
12. “Life is not living in the suburbs with a white picket fence. That’s not life. Somehow our American culture has made it out that that’s what life needs to be – and that if it’s not that, it’s all screwed up. It’s not.” – Tom Brady
13. “You can’t be afraid to speak the truth. If you’re speaking truthfully – no matter if you’re White, Black, Hispanic, Asian – if it’s the truth, it’s the truth! And if that’s what you’re telling, you have no reason to be fearful, or, worry about people trying to diffuse what you’re doing. Because, if you’re speaking the truth, they can’t beat the truth.” – Warren Ballentine
14. “I don’t enjoy living in a white box flooded with light. I like shadows, small spaces, old furniture.” – Kevin McCloud
15. “I don’t think there is anything wrong with white space. I don’t think it’s a problem to have a blank wall.” – Annie Leibovitz
16. “At the entrance, my bare feet on the dirt floor, Here, gusts of heat; at my back, white clouds. I stare and stare. It seems I was called for this: To glorify things just because they are.” – Czeslaw Milosz
17. “I personally think that a bouquet of white roses is simple, chic, and surprisingly long-lasting.” – Jeremiah Brent
18. “The snow goose need not bathe to make itself white. Neither need you do anything but be yourself.” – Lao Tzu
19. “Yes, and I can sit down on a white piece of paper and work because I don’t believe too much into inspiration, only I’m waiting for inspiration, work and then inspiration may come. It’s a little too easy to say that.” – Karl Lagerfeld
20. “White is pure and simple and matches with everything.” – Christian Dior
21. “White lies always introduce others of a darker complexion.” – William S. Paley
22. “When we tell little white lies, we become progressively color-blind. It is better to remain silent than to mislead.” – James E. Faust
23. “Such a magnificent sky, and it’s nothing but white paper!” – Pierre-Auguste
24. “Renoir said once that nothing was so difficult, and at the same time so exciting, to paint, as white on white.” – Ambroise Vollard
25. “Working in white makes people look into it. White is ethereal. There’s a purity to it, it makes things look elevated in a way. There’s a whole palette of white…” – Jonathan Milne
26. “If time were a color, I bet it would be a tasteful off-white.”– Greg Parrish
27. “White is the most wonderful color because within it you can see all the colors of the rainbow. For me, in fact, it is the color which in natural light, reflects and intensifies the perception of all of the shades of the rainbow, the colors which are constantly changing in nature, for the whiteness of white is never just white; it is almost always transformed by light and that which is changing; the sky, the clouds, the sun and the moon.” – Richard Meier, White quotes
11. “Isn’t that what love means, to fill ordinary, commonplace, conventional thi
Positive White Quotes That Are Inspiring
28. “White … is not a mere absence of color; it is a shining and affirmative thing, as fierce as red, as definite as black…. God paints in many colors; but He never paints so gorgeously, I had almost said so gaudily, as when He paints in white.” – Gilbert Keith
29.“White covers a multitude of sins.” – Jonathan Miln
30. “Women think of all colors except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all. White too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony.” ― Coco Chanel
31. “She knew then that white was more than a color: It was a cold, pale shade of understanding that seems to take all of your hope away.” ― Vannetta Chapman
32. “White is associated with purity because the entire spectrum is functioning in unity. White is a healing color. White is appropriate for weddings because the unity of male and female symbolizes the unity of allness.” ― Tae Yun Kim
33. “Television isn’t black and white anymore, and neither are people”
― William Todd
34. “Life is in color, but black and white is more realistic.” – Samuel Fuller
35. “I am black or white, I’ll never be grey in my life.” – Diego Maradona
36. “In the beginning, it was all black and white.” – Maureen O’Hara
37. “When you glaze on a bright white ground it is like looking through color rather than at it – like looking through stained glass.” – Fred Machetanz
38. “I call white the most powerful non-color; it’s clean, optimistic, powerful.” – Unknown
Liked These Inspirational White Sayings About Life?
A quote is never as great as the person who said it. I hope this collection of inspirational white quotes made you smile, laugh and inspired you. Do comment down below your favorite quote, and if you are looking for some more positive quotes then click here.
What is the meaning of white color?
The color white connotes innocence and purity. It’s the hue of fresh beginning, and it clears the slate for anything that came before it.
What Are All The emotions That white represent?
Color white is linked with purity and innocence; it is also related with light, goodness, heaven; it is a colour of hope; it is a colour of cleanliness; it is a colour of safety; it is a colour of illumination; it is a colour that reveals truth.